POLICIES & LIABILITY WAIVER FORM
For the purposes of this contract, DOG SQUAD and/or their representatives (independent contractor, or assistants) will be referred to as DOG SQUAD or PET SITTER and the Pet Owner will be referred to as CLIENT. The parties herein agree to the following terms and conditions.
WALKS | ADVENTURES
- Payment for walks, hikes, adventures, errands, transportation or other daytime services are due on the day of service, unless Client opted for weekly or monthly payments. Weekly or monthly payments must be approved by Dog Squad in advance and require multiple services to be used throughout one week. Dog Squad reserves the right to keep a credit card on file for all Clients who have an approved payment plan.
- A minimum deposit of 50% of the total cost of pet sitting is due before pet sitting begins. It should be paid in person or through Venmo at least 48 hours before the Client’s departure. The remaining 50% is to be paid within 24 hours of Client’s return.
- Holidays require a full deposit at the time of booking the service. See ‘refunds’ section for info regarding holiday deposits.
CANCELLATIONS | EXTENSIONS | REFUNDS
- WALKS: All cancellations must be done at least 24 hours in advance to avoid cancellation fees. If Client has multiple last minute cancellations, they will no longer be able to schedule services in advance.
- HOLIDAY WALKS: All cancellations must be done at least 48 hours in advance for holiday walks to avoid cancellation fees. If Client has multiple last minute cancellations on their record, they will not be able to schedule services in advance for holidays.
- OVERNIGHTS: If Client plans to shorten their pet sitting reservation they must give Dog Squad a minimum of 48 hours notice before pet sitting begins in order to receive a refund. Client must contact Dog Squad promptly upon their returning home and leave a message in order not to incur another overnight charge. If Client plans to lengthen their pet sitting reservation they must contact Dog Squad a minimum of 48 hours before the last scheduled day in order to be put back on the schedule. Client must contact Dog Squad promptly upon their returning home and leave a message in order not to incur another overnight charge. Client agrees to pay all additional fees incurred promptly upon their return. If Client cancels their trip entirely a $20 fee or 10% of the reserved booking cost (whichever is greater) will apply for all notifications less than (7) seven days prior to scheduled sit.
- HOLIDAY OVERNIGHTS: If Client cancels an upcoming holiday overnight without giving a (7) seven-day notice to Dog Squad, 50% of the entire booking fee will not be reimbursed. There will be no refund on holiday overnights cancelled 24 hours or less before the overnight is scheduled to begin. If Client plans to shorten their overnight pet sitting reservation they must give Dog Squad a minimum of 48 hours notice before pet sitting begins in order to receive a refund. Client must contact Dog Squad promptly upon their returning home and leave a message in order not to incur another overnight charge. If Client plans to lengthen their pet sitting reservation they must contact Dog Squad a minimum of 48 hours before the last scheduled day in order to be put back on the schedule. Client must contact Dog Squad promptly upon their returning home and leave a message in order not to incur another overnight charge. Client agrees to pay all additional fees incurred promptly upon their return.
LATE FEES| RETURNED CHECKS
- A late fee of 10% will be added after 72 hours past the payment due date. An additional finance charge of 20% per week will be added to unpaid balances after (10) ten days past the payment due date.
- A handling fee of $50.00 or ½ the total amount of the check (which ever is greater) will be added to all returned checks. Additional late fees will apply.
MEDICAL POLICIES & LIABILITY WAIVER
YOUR PET’S HEALTH
- It is the Clients responsibility to make sure all of their pet(s) are current on all of their vaccinations when in the care of Dog Squad.
- Client agrees that each time they release their pet(s) to Dog Squad’s, Client is stating that their pet(s) is/are in good health and have not harmed or shown aggressive or threatening behavior towards any person or any other dog. It is the Client’s responsibility to sign additional waivers if their dog has shown any aggressive or threatening behaviors in the past.
- Client will inform their veterinarian that Dog Squad will be caring for their pet(s) in their absence. If possible, Client will make arrangements to have veterinarian reimbursed for any service necessary during their absence by leaving their credit card on file.
- Client agrees that while their pet(s) is/are in the care and custody of Dog Squad, and Client is unreachable in the event of an emergency, Client authorizes Dog Squad, its agents, and/or representatives to seek immediate veterinary care for their pet(s). Client understands that all costs in connection with veterinary, medical or other treatments shall solely be the responsibility of the Client.
HARM CAUSED BY YOUR PET(S)
- Client is solely responsible for any harm caused by their pet(s) while they are attending walks, adventures, day sitting, overnight sitting or any activities with Dog Squad.
- Should Dog Squad be bitten or otherwise injured by Client’s pet(s), Client agrees to pay all medical costs and lost wages incurred by Dog Squad due to such injury.
- In the unlikely event of illness or personal emergency to Dog Squad, Client will authorize Dog Squad to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth in this contract. Client will be notified in such a case.
FULL LIABILITY RELEASE
- Client fully understands that due to the way pets interact with one another, minor cuts and scratches can occur even though they are carefully supervised at all times.
- The Client is responsible for pet-proofing their home, yard, fences, gates and latches at all times. Dog Squad is not responsible for the safety of any pet(s) or liable for injury, disappearance, death or fines of any pet(s) with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
- Dog Squad is not responsible for any damage to the property of the Client or to others. Dog Squad accepts no responsibility for the security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to Client’s home or if Client’s home is not properly secured. Dog Squad must be notified of those who have access to the home throughout all services. All visitors must leave a log of their visit in a place accessible for Dog Squad.
- Dog Squad is not liable for any loss or damage in the event of a burglary that should occur while under this contract. Dog Squad agrees to secure home at the end of each visit and to keep house’s keys in Dog Squad’s possession.
- Dog Squad is not responsible for damage to the Client’s home. Dog Squad will attempt to contact the Client in the case of an emergency such as, but not limited to, water leaks, electrical problems and acts of nature, before subjectively dealing with the issue. If the Client has a preference of emergency companies, Client must provide a list of contacts for Dog Squad in advance.
- Dog Squad provides walkers and sitters that are carefully screened and have not been charged or convicted of a theft or previous crime. Therefore, Dog Squad is not responsible for the breakage, theft, or mysterious disappearance of personal property of the Client while pet(s) is/are under the care of Dog Squad, employees, independent contractors, or Dog Squad incidental helpers.
Although Dog Squad carefully screens all applicants, occasionally Dog Squad discovers that this is not an appropriate service for every pet. Dog Squad reserves the right to permanently remove a Client or pet from our services at any time.
____________The Client hereby releases and agrees to save and hold harmless, Dog Squad, it’s independent contractors, it’s directors, officers, shareholders, employees, assistants, members and agents from any and all liability, claims, suits, actions, loss, injury or damage of any nature or kind, or for any liability, claims, suits, actions, loss, injury or damage which the Client or their pet(s) may sustain or which may be caused in any way by my pet(s). The Client, specifically, without limitation, agrees to fully indemnify Dog Squad for any and all such liability, claims, suits, actions, losses, injury or damage.
____________ The Client certifies that they have read and understand the policies set forth herein and that the Client has read and understands this agreement. Client agrees to abide by the policies and accept all the terms, conditions and statements of this agreement and confirms the truthfulness of the contents of the registration form completed by the Client.
Client's Full Name (Printed)
Client's Signature Date